Once a sale has been agreed we’ll require a Property Transfer Form to be completed and sent to us as soon as possible.
Once we have received a fully completed Property Transfer Form, the following will take place:
- We’ll prepare a new Deed of Covenant which will be sent to the buyers for signature.
- A Security Deposit** will be required from the purchaser, normally payable to Meadfleet or the Seller, this will be confirmed when we send the Deed of Covenant.
- The purchaser should arrange payment of our fees.
- Meadfleet will inform the seller’s solicitor of any outstanding charges relating to the property and request payment of these. Once we have been notified of a completion date we will calculate all charges up to date.
Once the purchasers have signed the Deed of Covenant this should be sent back to us by post ensuring the following:
- The site estimate, contained within the deed, has been signed
- The site plan, has been signed and returned in colour
- The solicitor should confirm that the deposit has been paid
- Our fees have been paid
We are only able to issue the signed Deed of Covenant and our Consent for the transfer to take place once we have received the following:
- Correctly signed documentation,
- Any fees payable by purchaser
- Any outstanding monies from the seller
- Confirmation that the security deposit has been reimbursed
Fees can be paid in the following ways:
- Via your own online banking system using our bank details below:
- Bank: NatWest
- Account name: Meadfleet Ltd
- Account number: 64428877
- Sort Code: 55-50-44
- Reference: First line of the property address
- By cheque, send this to Meadfleet Ltd, Unit 2, Meadway Court, Rutherford Close, Stevenage, SG1 2EF (please write the first line of the property address on the back of the cheque)
- Alternatively, call us on 01438 746990 and select option 1 to pay by card
If you would like to add or remove property owners on the Deed of Covenant you entered in to with Meadfleet, please ask your legal representative to complete the Property Transfer Form.