Once a sale has been agreed we’ll require a Property Transfer Form to be completed and sent to us as soon as possible.
Once we have received a fully completed Property Transfer Form, the following will take place:
- We’ll prepare a new Deed of Covenant which will be sent to the buyers for signature.
- A Security Deposit** will be required from the purchaser, normally payable to Meadfleet or the Seller, this will be confirmed when we send the Deed of Covenant.
- The purchaser should arrange payment of our fees.
- Meadfleet will inform the seller’s solicitor of any outstanding charges relating to the property and request payment of these. Once we have been notified of a completion date we will calculate all charges up to date.
Once the purchasers have signed the Deed of Covenant this should be sent back to us by post ensuring the following:
- The site estimate, contained within the deed, has been signed
- The site plan, has been signed and returned in colour
- The solicitor should confirm that the deposit has been paid
- Our fees have been paid
We are only able to issue the signed Deed of Covenant and our Consent for the transfer to take place once we have received the following:
- Correctly signed documentation,
- Any fees payable by purchaser
- Any outstanding monies from the seller
- Confirmation that the security deposit has been reimbursed
If you would like to add or remove property owners on the Deed of Covenant you entered in to with Meadfleet, please ask your legal representative to complete the Property Transfer Form.